Compliance with the Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act (Privacy Act)
"Effective January 1st, 2004, TAPE must comply with the Privacy Act. We are required by law to inform you that any contact and/or personal information you provide to our company for any reason will be used by us solely to provide you with the services for which we have been contacted. If you wish to have any of your personal information removed from our database, be advised that we will be unable to register, process payments or reimbursements or supply you with updated information regarding our programs and services. Please be assured that we are committed to the spirit as well as the letter of the law and our processes and systems have been adjusted to treat your confidential information with the secure care demanded by the law."
In order to offer and provide our services TAPE must collect, use and disclose information in relation to all its constituents and stakeholders. This information may be personal and this is why TAPE makes the following commitments:
1) We will only collect the personal information necessary to administer our programs appropriately and to provide our services efficiently.
2) We do not collect, use or disclose personal information about a member without the consent of the member, except where required by law.
3) From time to time we may transfer personal information to our agents, partners, representatives or affiliates for processing in order to provide our constituents and stakeholders with new program descriptions or other products and services. We use contractual and other means to protect your information while it is being processed by our agents.
4) We will provide our constituents and stakeholders with a detailed explanation when they register and periodically thereafter, of how they can have their name deleted from our data-base and/or the lists we share with others. Our constituents and stakeholders may contact us at any time to have their names deleted from the lists.
5) We maintain the security and confidentiality of the information furnished by our constituents and stakeholders according to compliance standards which are constantly verified and revised as needed.
6) When we provide information to our agents, partners, representatives or affiliates, we assume responsibility arising from these communications and take appropriate action to ensure that the commitments and rules set forth herein are observed by all involved.
7) We require every agent, partner, representative or affiliate that provides us with administrative or information processing support services to comply with our commitments and with the privacy protection rules as stated herein.
8) Our constituents and stakeholders are entitled to examine the information we hold regarding them, subject to the restrictions provided by the law, and may request rectification or inaccurate or incomplete information. If applicable, we will disclose this information to the person concerned or rectify it promptly.