|Cancellation & Transfers: |
TAPE reserves the right to cancel or postpone modules, courses or programs at its discretion. On such an occasion, each participant may either transfer his/her tuition fee to another module, course or program, or receive a full tuition fee refund.
A participant who for any reason cancels his/her registration at least two weeks prior to the start of the class for which he/she is registered will be refunded the tuition fee minus a $85.00 (+ HST) administration charge. All cancellations must be received in writing by email, fax or mail before the deadline. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than two weeks prior to the start of class or for any missed classes. Eligible refunds will be processed within 30 days of TAPE's receipt of the request.
For the Associate Certificate in Workplace Conflict Only: Refunds, minus $85 + HST administrative charge, will only be provided to students who submit cancellations in writing no less than 10 days prior to the start of the course. After this period no refunds will be provided.
A participant who wishes to transfer tuition fees from one module to another may do so up to one week prior to the start date of the module for which he/she is currently registered. After the one-week deadline, such requests will be granted but with an administration fee of $35.00 (+ HST).
TAPE is not responsible for participants' travel costs for cancelled modules. Please ensure that travel arrangements are refundable or insured in case of module cancellation.Cancellation & Refund Policy for Conferences:
TAPE reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event, module, course or program at its discretion. On such an occasion, each participant may either transfer his/her fee to another event, module, course or program, or receive a full registration fee refund.
A participant who for any reason cancels his/her registration at least two weeks prior to the start of the class for which he/she is registered will be refunded the registration fee minus a $85.00 + HST administration charge. All cancellations must be received in writing by email, fax or mail before the deadline. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than two weeks prior to the start of class or for any missed events or classes. Eligible refunds will be processed within 30 days of TAPE's receipt of the request.
A participant who wishes to transfer registration fees from one module to another may do so up to two weeks prior to the start date of the module for which he/she is currently registered. After the two-week deadline, such requests will be granted, but the participant will be charged an administration fee of $35.00 + HST.
TAPE is not responsible for participants' travel costs for cancelled modules. Please ensure that travel arrangements are refundable or insured in case of module cancellation.Advance Booking:
Participants may choose to reserve space in a module or course by booking it over the phone, by fax or by email. However, bookings that are not paid for in full will automatically expire two weeks prior to the start of class.Payment:
Payment may be made by cheque, money order or credit card (MasterCard or Visa). Same-day registrations and payments are subject to a fee of $85.00.Promotions:
Promotional pricing is applicable to only one module per Certificate Program, with the following exceptions:
Graduate students in their final year of study in health or social services programs, and students who have graduated within the last two years, are eligible to take up to two regularly priced ($287.61 + HST) modules at a 50% discount. Students must present a letter from their department attesting to their status, and graduates must show proof of their graduation date (either a copy of a degree, or a letter from the university department). Payment is required at the time of registration and is not refundable. Two seats per course will be available for this promotion, and registration is first-come, first-served. Registration for these courses is not transferable.
Special Promotion of OASW/TAPE Joint Program in Health Care (SHC): OASW members will receive 15% off each of the six compulsory modules in this program.Holiday Promotion:
This promotion is applicable for ONLY new registrations and to those individuals who register online - between Dec 10th 2010 00:01 a.m and Jan 9th 2011 11:59 p.m.Registrations taken over the phone, by voice mail, by fax, or in person, are not eligible for the promotion.Registrations are not refundable and not transferable either to another person or to another workshop unless TAPE cancels the workshop for which an individual registers.This promotion cannot be combined with other TAPE promotions (eg: OASW 10% off discount or Graduate Student 50% off discount, etc.).This promotion cannot be applied with the early bird price.This promotion applies to face-to-face workshops and Online modules.This promotion does NOT apply to Kids Have Stress Too! modules, the Associate Certificate in Workplace Conflict and MMP-113: Maintaining a Mindfulness Meditation Practice (December 11 & 12, 2010).This promotion is for individuals ONLY (organizations are not eligible).Students who register as part of this promotion are eligible to earn TAPE Scholarship Rewards.All of TAPE’s other policies apply.
*(a discount equal to $30.97 + HST)
Please Note: If you withdraw from a workshop during the duration of the Holiday Promotion you will not be able to re-register in the same workshop until after the end of the promotion. Refunds for workshops you withdraw from during this period will not be processed while the Holiday Promotion is in effect. Holiday Promotion discounts are only for new registrations completed online between December 10, 2010 and January 9, 2011.
Please see our Promotions section for workshop fee discounts you may be eligible for. Students are responsible for reading the TAPE Policies regarding promotions and discounts.
No promotions or discounts can be applied retroactively to a registration.Communication:
In the days leading up to the start of class, please visit our website, check your email and retrieve voice messages to ensure that you receive the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of teaching materials and all information about programs, courses and modules.
The accuracy of content presented in class is the instructor's responsibility. TAPE assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions. The views and opinions of instructors do not necessarily represent those of TAPE and its management team.Certification:
In affiliation with the Continuing Education Division of the University of St. Michael's College in the University of Toronto, TAPE will issue a Certificate of Professional Development upon completion of a Certificate Program and its requisite number of instructional hours (a minimum of 12 days of instruction).
Participants completing a module online that is currently also being taught face to face in one of our Certificate Programs may receive credit toward a Certificate Program with this restriction: normally, no more than one online module per Certificate Program may be substituted. Participants completing online Certificate Programs are eligible to receive a Certificate in Professional Development from TAPE, co-signed by the appropriate Director of the program and/or instructor, but these online programs are not eligible to receive a Certificate of Professional Development in affiliation with the Continuing Education Division of the University of St. Michael's College in the University of Toronto. The new online Certificate of Achievement in Adult Mental Health, in affiliation with the University of Buffalo, can only be completed online. A full Certificate of Professional Development in Adult Mental Health can be obtained by adding two more modules, either online or face-to-face.
All Certificate Programs shall normally be completed within no more than two academic years.
TAPE does not certify an individual's competency or ability to practise in a given field. Requirements for practitioners in a given field vary. Contact the regulatory body of your profession for accreditation requirements in your field.
Participants may be able to transfer credits to degree programs in other educational institutions or apply for continuing education credits from their professional regulatory body. Please check with your educational institution or governing body.Issuing a Duplicate Certificate:
The fee to issue a duplicate Certificate of Professional Development is $100.00 (+ HST).Completion of Certificate Programs:
All Certificate Programs shall normally be completed within no more than two academic years.Educational Tax Credits:
TAPE Educational Services Inc. is committed to the protection of personal information, in compliance with the Privacy Act. Any personal information you provide to us will be used for the purpose of providing you with the services for which you have contacted us. By filling out and signing the registration form, you consent to our collection and use of that personal information for that purpose; disclosure of certain personal information to instructors who teach you and to service providers who assist us with administration and communication; marketing our services to you. For further details, please click here.Copyright:
Permission to use copyrighted material is the responsibility of instructors. Copyright for online courses is owned by TAPE or co-owned by the instructor(s) and TAPE and shall not be used, copied, distributed, sold or otherwise appropriated without the corresponding permissions.Course Materials:
In hard copy, TAPE will provide participants with the module agenda, the syllabus and copies of course slides. All other course materials will be provided for download over the internet two business days before the start of the course. Registered participants will be sent a link by email giving them access to assigned course materials. Students may make one printed copy of the materials for their own use. Once materials have been downloaded, there will be no possibility of transfer or withdrawal unless the course is cancelled by TAPE.
In order to download module materials from TAPE's website, a student must have paid in full for his/her registration in that module. Once registration is paid in full and a student downloads the corresponding module materials, that student is no longer eligible to receive a refund for his/her registration fee in the case where he/she decides not to attend said module. In this case, the student will also not be permitted to transfer his/her registration fee to act as a credit towards his/her registration (or that of another student) in another TAPE module, course or program.Extensions for Online Courses:
Course extensions for online courses are normally not granted. Under exceptional circumstances TAPE may grant a one-week extension to allow a student to complete the requirements of a course. An application for extension must be made in writing before the end date of the course.Grievances:
Any grievances about TAPE courses or programs, course content, teaching faculty, staff, facilities or other issue (s) related to the module delivered should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. TAPE is committed to reviewing all grievances and to work with program participants to resolve any issues brought to our attention. All grievances will be immediately assessed (within five working days) and input from the grievant will be sought to ensure adequate resolution.
Accommodations for Disability:
TAPE, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), is committed to grant reasonable access and testing accommodation for Continuing Education participants who have a disability and who can provide appropriate documentation of the effect of their disability on their ability to fully participate in classes, including testing under standard conditions. This documentation must be submitted in writing to email@example.com no later than two weeks prior to the beginning of each program of study. This statement recognizes that it is the candidate's responsibility to identify the nature of the accommodation required. Notwithstanding the provision of accommodation in all respects, all candidates must satisfy the requirements to obtain a Certificate of Professional Development and all accommodations must respect the dignity of candidates while preserving the integrity of the program of study.Scholarship Rewards - General Terms & Conditions:
TAPE's Scholarship Rewards program is a loyalty reward program which is operated by TAPE Educational Services. In accepting to join or continue your Scholarship Rewards membership, you acknowledge that TAPE assumes no contractual or legal responsibility to you. The accumulation of TAPE's Scholarship Rewards points does not entitle members to any vested rights and, in accumulating TAPE's Scholarship Rewards points, members may not rely upon the continued availability of any award, award level, premium or other benefit. TAPE Educational Services specifically reserves the right to amend, alter, withdraw or terminate TAPE's Scholarship Rewards program (in whole or in part), any program, benefit or award or these rules either with or without notice. Any such changes may affect TAPE's Scholarship Rewards points that a member has already accumulated as well as any future accumulation of TAPE's Scholarship Rewards points
In particular, you acknowledge as a condition of continued membership:
- TAPE's Scholarship Rewards points have no monetary value whatsoever and cannot under any circumstances form the basis of a monetary claim against TAPE Educational Services.
- TAPE's Scholarship Rewards membership is limited only to natural persons and not-for-profit organizations.
- TAPE's Scholarship Rewards points are personal and cannot be assigned, traded, willed or otherwise transferred (other than with the consent of TAPE and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of TAPE's Scholarship Rewards program), and any assignment or transfer in violation of these rules will be void and may, at the discretion of TAPE, result in the loss of membership or the cancellation of the affected reward or TAPE's Scholarship Rewards points, as the case may be.
- TAPE Educational Services assumes no liability to members whatsoever, including without limitation, liability by reason of the termination of or amendment to TAPE's Scholarship Rewards in whole or in part, the addition or deletion of reward partners with or without notice, limitations on the availability of seats per course, or any change to reward or premium levels.
- TAPE Educational Services assumes no liability in respect to rewards claimed and in particular shall have no responsibility for delay or cancellation of reward courses. You agree that TAPE Educational Services and any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or representatives are not responsible for, and you release us and them from any and all liability arising as a result of any accident, loss, injury or damage caused by any rewards supplied or requested in connection with the TAPE's Scholarship Rewards program.
- When applicable, TAPE will charge taxes on rewards redeemed by Scholarship Rewards program members.
- TAPE's Scholarship Rewards membership is a privilege that can be revoked by TAPE at its discretion at any time and without compensation including without limitation, abuse by the member of any of the Terms and Conditions of the program or any other actions deemed by TAPE, acting in its sole discretion, to be deleterious to TAPE, TAPE's Scholarship Rewards program or the interests of its partners.
- TAPE shall be under no obligation to continue the program or to provide any notice of its termination.
- Members shall be responsible for any taxes, extra fees or other charges imposed by or with the authority of any agency, government or governmental authority in respect to any rewards; any surcharge imposed by a certified body, accredited body and any service fee imposed by TAPE.
- Membership is solely for the benefit of the individual or the not-for-profit; therefore it will be maintained in the name of such individual or not-for-profit.
- TAPE's Scholarship Rewards points in an account belong to the account holder (individual or not-for-profit), and not to the person or company who paid for the student.
- Each member is responsible for keeping up to date on TAPE's Scholarship Rewards regulations and the amount of TAPE's Scholarship Rewards points in his/her account. TAPE shall attempt to communicate statement and/or other program information and/or promotional information to members. TAPE shall have no liability for any failure to do so.
- Each member shall be responsible for advising TAPE of any change of mailing or email address. TAPE shall not be liable for misdirected communications such as mail or email, or any consequences thereof.
- TAPE's Scholarship Rewards points cannot be redeemed for cash and will be declared void if sold, bartered or transferred. As a result the member may be subject to loss of program privileges.
- The account will become dormant if the TAPE's Scholarship Rewards member has not accumulated TAPE Scholarship Rewards points or redeemed his/her points for Scholarship Rewards within a period of 36 consecutive months.
- Rewards may expire without further notice.
- Your account information may only be given to you or a person designated by you in writing as defined earlier or pursuant to a court order or request from a government agency holding legislative power to compel such disclosure.
- Proper legal documentation will be required from all members requesting a name change.
- TAPE's Scholarship Rewards membership terminates upon death or personal bankruptcy or closure of the member.
- TAPE Educational Services will be the final authority as to whether any course, workshop or program qualifies under the Terms and Conditions of the TAPE's Scholarship Rewards program.
- Scholarship Rewards points refunds policy - Scholarship Rewards points are not redeemable for cash. If a TAPE client redeems his/her points, and then, for any unforeseen reason, requests that the points be refunded to his/her account at TAPE, TAPE will analyze the specific situation. TAPE reserves the right to determine whether or not a client's request will be granted and whether his or her points will be refunded.
- TAPE Educational Services will be the final authority as to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
For full details on our Scholarship Rewards policies and rules click on the corresponding links below:Scholarship Rewards - Governing Law:
TAPE's Scholarship Rewards shall be governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. Any disputes regarding TAPE's Scholarship Rewards or in any way arising out of TAPE's Scholarship Rewards membership shall be submitted to the courts of Ontario, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear such disputes.